Thursday, July 12, 2007

The Internet and writing


Found the above comic on xkcd. It seemed so relevant that I just had to post it here.
How often have you waited to respond to an email or to post on a blog, because you didn't have anything interesting happening in your life to post or email about?
Often, I'll get a personal email from someone and I won't answer it for a while. Not because I don't want to answer it, or because I don't have time, but rather because I can't think of anything interesting to say. I don't want to write boring or short messages. So I wait until something happens in my life that I can write about. Since a huge portion of my life is the Internet, that makes it kind of ironic. Doesn't it?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw, maybe the person you are writing back to wouldn't mind a short response. They might not care how interesting it is, or they might find it interesting not because of what is in it but because of who it is from! :)