Monday, June 18, 2007

Punctuation and spelling are optional


Got this exciting email from my brother today. The email is in reference to an insurance dispute that we are having with our agent. I'm not sure how this happened. It seems that while we took the same English and writing classes in college, he doesn't seem to have gotten the same content out of them. LOL The text below is exactly how he sent it to me. The only difference is that I replaced names of people he referenced with pseudonyms. But I left capitalization of those names as he sent them.

spoke with jane who eventualy gave me john smith the owner he faxed me something saying sorry and that he was doing everything he could also he included the name of rep with insurance company that said we had a 15 day grace period past that date of the 20th before coverage is interupted were gonna file a complaint and switch insurance companys and im gonna check my business law book because we had a reasonable expectation this would be taken care of and this happened due to there error so we might have some legal standing to sue ethier way we'll call tomorrow and make sure our mortgage company overnighted it jamie don’t bother emailing back don’t get yours and dad I also spoke with your lady and we setup time on Friday to talk and then im gonna listen to some calls I still tonight am gonna apply and submit my resume which if you have time later tonight maybe you can help me

I had to read it a few times, just to make sure I didn't miss anything. There isn't a single period or punctuation mark in the entire email. The only word he capitalized, was "Friday." Just had to laugh when I read it. What makes Friday special?

1 comment:

C R T said...

Oh come on Jamie, everyone loves Fridays!:-) If I only capatlized one word and never used punctuation, I'd probably pick Friday too.;-)

Yeah.... but I'm not surprised.

*Guess what day tomorrow is!*